Music plays such an important role during our lives - & especially on your Wedding Day! Here’s 5 key points to plan when booking Live Music for your Wedding Ceremony…
1) What are the music choices you’ll need to decide on?
- A tune for your Processional Entrance
- Several tunes for the Register Signing
- A tune for the Recessional Exit
2) Is my Ceremony in a Church?
- Some religious Ceremonies have restrictions on the type of music that can be performed. Check what these restrictions are before choosing your musicians & music.
- You’ll also need to choose hymns & hire an organist.
3) Is my Ceremony outdoors?
- Find out if your musicians need a power supply – some use battery-powered amplification outdoors. Try to keep musicians positioned close to the power supply.
- Don’t neglect having an alternative plan for wet weather – electric instruments & rain do not mix!
- Do the musicians need shade if it’s sunny? They’ll be out baking in the hot sun longer than anyone. Direct sunlight makes instruments go out of tune – and can even snap guitar strings!
4) Modern or Classical Music?
- Are you thinking of walking down the aisle to Pachelbel’s ‘Canon in D’ or ‘A 1000 Years’?
- Check with your Musicians that they can play the style of music you need.
- Some musicians are able to create a unique arrangement of your favourite tune, just for your Wedding Day!
5) Where are the Musicians going to set up?
- Musicians will need to have a clear view of your Arrival, Register Signing & Exit so that they can time their performance perfectly.
- Seating Musicians at the front works well, & gives guests a great view of the performance.
- If the Musicians can’t see proceedings clearly, somebody will need to be on hand to cue them in.
Bossa Basseline Music have performed at hundreds of Jersey Weddings – in churches, gardens, woods, marquees, hotels & private houses….& we can create a beautiful arrangement of your favourite tune, just for you!
Contact Carole NOW for more information!